Making Public Sector Productivity Practical
Despite showing slow productivity growth over the past decade, the public sector has performed better than the private sector and there is quite a bit of scope for further improvement. This instalment of Productivity Puzzles delves into how and why productivity could grow in the public sector.
This episode accompanies the publication of the Making Public Sector Productivity Practical report.
- Paul Abraham, Managing Director & Client Partner at Capita Public Service
- Stephen Aldridge, Chief Economist and Director of Analysis and Data at the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities
- Anna Smart, Systems Thinking/Organisational Design Lead at London Borough of Camden
For more information on the topic:
- Making Public Sector Productivity Practical – Executive Summary, 2022, Bart van Ark.
- Improving public sector efficiency to deliver a smarter state, 2016, Stephen Aldridge, Angus Hawkins and Cody Xuereb.
- Institutional drivers of efficiency in the public sector, OECD, 2007, Wouter van Dooren, Zsuzsanna Lonti, Miekatrien Sterk and Geert Bouckaert.