Global and European Productivity Outlook 2023-2030
What do we know about where productivity is heading? What will happen to productivity in the UK, around Europe, and even around the world? This episode takes a forward-looking perspective on future productivity and what needs to be done to realise that productivity potential. What policy changes can be made and what measures can businesses implement to improve the productivity outlook.
Host Professor Bart van Ark is joined by:
- Catherine Mann, External member of the Monetary Policy Committee at the Bank of England
- Kitty Ussher, Chief Economist at the Institute of Directors
- Klaas de Vries, Senior Economist at the Conference Board
For more information on the topic:
- The Conference Board, Total Economy Database
- The Conference Board, Global Economic Outlook.
- Abdul Azeez Erumban and Klaas de Vries, Global Growth Projections for The Conference Board Global Economic Outlook 2019, The Conference Board, 2018.
- Klaas de Vries & Sacha Wunsch-Vincent, What is the future of innovation-driven growth: Productivity stagnation or revival?, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), 2022.
- The Institute of Directors, How To Increase Business Investment: IoD response to the Treasury workstream on ‘People, Capital and Ideas’, 2022.