Midlands RPF National Productivity Week event
This is a joint in-person event between Warwick University and The Productivity Institute, which will take place at Scarman Conference Centre, Coventry, CV4 7SH.
To reserve your place, please email Zoe Lottering at Warwick Business School: email@example.com
As part of The Productivity Institute’s National Productivity Week, this event will bring together business, academia and policy makers to explore the importance of productivity in a more broad sense. In particular, the event will consider what productivity means from the perspective of the individual, in addition to what it means for large firms or policy makers.
One of the aims will be to explore the concept of “low productivity” more carefully, and distinguish between a perceived lack of efficiency, and low levels of remuneration. This is particularly important for the Midlands, given the earnings disparity over relatively small distances, which suggests there are market failures or barriers that prevent people from accessing better jobs.
- 10:00 – 10:10: Introductions – Professor Stephen Roper
- 10:10 – 10:20: Reflections on understanding productivity – Professor Nigel Driffield
- 10:20 – 11:00: Productivity in the freelance sector – Professor Chris Bilton
- 11:00 – 11:15: Tea & Coffee Break
- 11:15 – 11:45: Productivity research: good work, innovation, well-being
- 11:45 – 12:30 Future of Productivity Panel – Jonathan Duck
- 12:30: Lunch and networking